Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Are You F*ckin For Real?!


"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!" As everyone around continues to try to make me believe that Asher Roth, Kid Cudi, Charles Hamilton, and Solja Boy are gonna take us into the next generation I feel like I am shouting into a void as more and more mindless gnomes maintain that these are the revolutionaries of the "New-Hop" Era. I'm sorry. I wasn't aware of this entrance into the next dimension. It didn't occur to me that I can walk around my house parading around like a buffoon and that was the next level of thinking. I can't believe this nigga is supposed to be the Savior of Hip Hop. We've given birth to an entire generation of Porch monkeys that spend so much time "Gettin Silly" that they forget to actually say something. I look at BET(and that's rare) and it looks like we have an influx of cartoon characters masquerading as superstars and I, for one, refuse to be sucked in by these imbeciles and their coonery. There is too much out there that can be getting the spotlight, i.e. the real rap of Common Sense, the casual swagger of Lupe Fiasco, the rawness of Shwayze, the uniqueness of Andre 3000, or the complexity of T.I. PaperTrail, without the withdrawal from reality of Lil Wayne. I know people are tryin to be different people. And there is nothing wrong with that. But somebody's gotta be able to differentiate between the brilliant and the foolish. The Great and the Stupid. Here's my line in the sand. I'm not hating, I'm just sayin.

1 comment:

  1. You better take Charles and Cudi out of that coonery category before i slap you.

    -riv-

    ReplyDelete