Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Breathe Easy


So after all this it's still a little bit difficult to beleive that I am officially a college graduate. I have spent four years working my ass off or not working my ass and it all amounts to this little piece of paper that costed me something like $100,000. I am so glad to be done with it. I have something that means a lot to my family and is an accomplishment I am proud of myself for too. I just can't beleive I won't be able to see these people who have been so vital to my existence for the past four years anymore. I was thinking the other day while we were at our individual school ceremony, and I asked one of my classmates "How does it feel to have your entire education sitting in your lap right now?" They couldn't formulate an answer and I imagine that is how college graduates and maybe even high school graduates are feeling right now. Personally, it makes so damn nervous because I sit at the same crossroads I was at four years with the choice of whether I wanted to enter the "Real World" or belabor the moment a little bit longer. I have chosen yet again to delay that transition into adulthood. I'm running away to South Korea to teach English while I try to figure out what I really want in my heart. Not that I'm complaining about things because this is pretty.

But I am just not 100% sure about the prospect of being a grown up yet. I know this is what they've been supposedly preparing us for this entire time and I love and appreciate everyone that has had a hand in the molding of us into the people we are now. It's just kinda scary. I'm not completely petrified. I'm just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment