Saturday, August 15, 2009

Guess Who's Biizzzzack



After much speculation it has been confirmed by Clive Davis and the centerpiece of his starlet collection that she will be releasing her newest album "I Look To You" on August 31, 2009. I am quite excited about the Greatest Voice Of All Time coming back in full force. "I Look To You" is a powerful song about many things from God, to a lover that gives you the strength to carry on beyond the low points we all have in life. Whitney Houston is simply the greatest. And as much as I love the likes of Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Jill Scott, India.Arie, etc. I can never get over my first love. The woman who taught me how to sing, love, laugh, act,and be unashamed to be your corky, skinny self. I can't wait for this album. I already have my copy on reserve. Granted this Whitney will not be the same woman I met in the 90s, it will still be wonderful. Her voice has come back with a seasoned and beautiful grace that whispers experience. Her head voice is fuller than it has been in years. And her powerful chest voice is pushing back up to its old limits. Sorry, I got technical, didn't I? Oh well, that's the beauty of Whitney. She makes me feel all those beautiful nuances about music down in my bones. Not that others can't. But there is none like Whitney. I'm just sayin.

2 comments: