Saturday, August 22, 2009

Favor for Favre


Hmmmm. I'm not really sure how to feel about Bret Favre coming out of retirement for the second time. Isn't this the same man that gave us that tear jerking performance at the end of the season last year? I mean, dude what the hell? I know you love the game and more importantly, you like the money from it. But when is it time to give up th ghost? You had a pretty good run with the Jets last year and you threw pretty well. But then you promised that you were through with the game, at least from a player's perspective. And then we head buzz in the rumor mill that you might be firing up yet again. And you "neither confirm nor deny the allegations." And we all know what that shit means. You were coming back for yet another Encore performance. Not that I have an issue with the old guy, he's pretty cool. He made me love Green Bay. And you were on the cover of my NFL Quarterback Club for the N64, but I just don't get how the hell you keep getting signed despite your clever farce each year to "retire." And to add injury to insult, you defect to the Vikings? Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this? Clearly they are the Cheese Heads biggest rival? Wtf? How is no one outraged by this? Is this okay? No. No sir, it absolutely is not. There is no excuse. You should have just stuck to doing those Wrangler jeans commercials and sat the hell down. Because right now you feel like Dennis Quaid in "Any Given Sunday," a dinosaur who doesn't deserve to play past his prime. If I was Tarvaris Jackson I'd be pissed. I mean, c'mon man. I'm just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment