Monday, March 2, 2009

Winter WonderLand




So it snowed in Hampton Roads today. And I, being one of those wonderful people born in a SunBelt State was exceptionally happy because it was an official "Snow Day" so to speak. I woke up telling my roommate how I was going to start a snowball fight with him, make a snowman, and lay down to make a snow angel or two. He laughed at me and said, "This isn't real snow. It's like one layer of snow covering the ground." And I was upset. Clearly, I see how much snow there is outside, and I don't give a damn what he says. I'm going out there to play in it. It's cold. It's white. And I'm going to gather enough of it to have me a good time in. Why can't he let me and all others like myself enjoy this moderate winter weather that we never got the chance to see. I mean I just wanted the chance to wear my overly huge, super thick suede Ecko coat with the fox fur around the collar and my Timbos. Can you blame me? I'm gonna enjoy this little slice of Yankee Weather because who knows when we'll have a fluke like this again? Not that I'm extremely put off by what they do "up top" in the colder months, but I just want them to let me rock for a moment. Humor me. I ain't finna go shrieking through the night in celebration of this melodious blanket of white winter powder, but I'm just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment