Sunday, June 28, 2009

Black Star Power


Isn't it funny how sometimes we as young adults experience our elders' disconnection from our generation. It happened to me while watching the BET Awards with my mother. She tried frantically to identify the current stars of the Entertainment Industry. And I struggled to curb my agitation with her cultural illiteracy. I suppose it's not her fault; while the impatience of youth leaves me a little more than slightly flustered by this natural inquisitive need to rebuild this long fallen bridge to pop culture. Excuse me while I get myself together. I know you're trying to stay "with it" but "it" left a loooooong time ago and no amount of BET is going to bring it back. Especially not with our modern age of coonery. I'm just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment